Title of Degree: BBA (Banking & Finance)
BBA (Banking & Finance) program is Four Years degree program with a requirement of 124-136 Credit Hours and will spread over Eight regular semesters. This BS level program is aimed to inculcate managerial and leadership skills and to prepare business graduates for both national and multinational organizations, especially banking sector organizations.
This program is aimed to attain the following objectives & goals:
- The students will be able to take strategic, comprehensive, and innovative approaches in making business decisions to create value in ever changing and challenging environment.
- The students will be able to integrate their business knowledge and research capabilities to solve complex, ambiguous and unfamiliar problems.
- The students will be able to actively work as team members and effectively communicate managerial concept clearly and concisely within and outside the organizations.
- The students will be able to recognize ethical issues and to propose solutions in light of ethical reasoning.
- The students will be able to use analytical frameworks to evaluate the factors impacting the local, global and international businesses.
- Eligibility Criteria:
For admission in First Semester of BBA (Banking & Finance) program:
- The candidate is required to have at least 45% marks in Annual System OR equivalent.
- The candidate must have 12 years of education OR equivalent from a recognized institution.
- The maximum age limit to apply in BBA (Banking & Finance) program is 24 years.
For admission in 5th Semester of BBA (Banking & Finance) program (After ADP):
- The candidate must have at least 2.20/4.0 CGPA in ADP (Business Administration) OR equivalent.
- The maximum age limit to apply in 5th semester of BBA (Banking & Finance) program (after ADP) is 26 years.
The student will be required to undergo 6-8 weeks internship in any national or multinational organization of repute during summer vacation (after 6th semester). Internship will be a non-credit activity/task, however, the student will be required to submit internship report (on specific format) within 30 days (one month) at the successful completion of his/her internship. The internship report, progress and performance of the internee will be evaluated by the panel of examiners. The evaluation of internship shall be made on the basis of Pass/Fail and there shall be no grading/marks for the internship. The students having two years of job experience may be exempted.
- Research Policy:
Students are encouraged to take thesis (optional) of 6 credit hours in lieu of Two Elective Specialization courses in the final semester.
- The process of research will be initiated in the 6th semester.
- The research titles, supervisors and research proposals will be finalized in the 7th semester. The allocation of supervisor will be made in light Departmental Research Policy and may change time to time. The decision of the Director of the Institute regarding the allocation of the supervisor will be considered final.
- The student will be required to submit his/her final dissertation (duly approved and signed by the concerned supervisor) before the Final Term Examination of the Final Semester.
- In case of delay, the student will be required to apply for a time extension (duly recommended by his/her supervisor) as per university policy, however, the student will have to pay dues as per university rules and policy.
- Degree Requirements:
The following are an essential requirement for the award of BBA (Banking & Finance) degree:
- Successful completion of 124-136 Credit Hours (as decided by the university bodies).
- Maintaining a minimum CGPA of 2.0 in all semesters and attaining a minimum of 2.20/4.0 at the end of final semester.
- Successful completion of 6-8 weeks internship in an industrial/business/commercial organization.
- Successful completion of Comprehensive Examination. The evaluation of the Comprehensive Examination shall be made on the basis of Pass/Fail. There shall be no grading/marks for Comprehensive Examination.
- Compliance of University Uniform Semester Rules & Regulations in true letter & spirit.
- Number of Seats:
- Open merit seats: 60 + Reserve Seats as per university policy.
- Number of intake: 02
BBA (Banking & Finance) – Morning
BBA (Banking & Finance) – Evening (Self-Financed Program) Note: The intake in 5th Semester (after ADP) will be as per university policy.
Fee Structure: As per university policy.
- Merit Computation:
Merit for admission to First Semester of BBA Program will be determined on the following basis:
Matric or Equivalent = 30%
Intermediate or Equivalent = 70%
Merit for admission to Fifth Semester of BBA Program (after ADP) will be determined on the following basis:
Matric or Equivalent = 20%
Intermediate or Equivalent = 30%
ADP or Equivalent = 50%
BBA (Banking & Finance)
8 Semesters/4 Years Program Institute of Social Sciences w.e.f. Session 2020-24
|Sr||Categories||No of Courses Min-Max||Credit Hours Min-Max|
|1||Compulsory Requirement (No Choice)||9-9||25-25|
|2||General Courses(to be chosen from other departments)||9-9||27-27|
|3||Discipline Specific Foundation Courses||10-12||30-36|
|4||Intermediate Level Core Courses||04-04||12-12|
|5||Specialized Electives with in the Major||11-13||27-39|
|Total numbers of Credit per Semester||124-136|
|Semester Duration||16-18 weeks|
|Number of Semester||8|
|Course Load per Semester||12-18 Cr hrs|
|Number of Courses per Semester||4-6|
LAYOUT FOR BBA (Banking && Finance) 8 Semesters /4-year Programme
|Category A (Compulsory Courses)||Category B (General Courses)||Category C (Foundation Courses)|
|9 courses||9 courses||10-12 courses|
|25 Credit hours||27 Credit hours||30-36 Credit hours|
|1-Freshman English-1 |
2-IT Application in Business
5-Islamic Studies 6-Business Mathematics
8-Oral and Business Communications
Human Psychology Sociology
Global Current Affairs
Administration and Public Policy
Any Relevant Course
Principles of Management
Business Ethics and CSR
Human Resource Management
Business Research Methods
|Core Courses||Major Courses|
|Category D||Category D|
|4 courses||09-13 courses|
|12 Credit hours||27-39 Credit hours|
Marketing of Financial Services
Analysis of Financial Statements
|Introduction to Business and Banking|
Operations Management in Banks
Banking and Business Law
Non-Banking Financial Institutions
Current Issues in Banks
Research Thesis / 2 Specialization Courses (to be selected from the list below)*
*List of Specialization Courses (in place of Research Thesis)
- Trade, Finance and Operations
- Emerging Trends in Finance
- Treasury, Fund and Insurance Management
- Investment Management
SCHEME OF STUDIES
BBA (Banking & Finance) 4-Years Program w.e.f. Session 2020-24
|Semester||Course No.||Name of Subject||Credits|
|First||BAF-101||Introduction to Business and Banking||3|
|Second||BAF-111||Principles of Management||3|
|BAF-205||Global Current Affairs||3|
|BAF-206||Operations Management in Banks||3|
|BAF-211||Business Ethics and CSR||3|
|BAF-213||IT Applications in Business||3|
|BAF-215||Human Resource Management||3|
|Semester||Course No.||Name of Subject||Credits|
|BAF-302||Business Research Methods||3|
|BAF-303||Banking and Business Law||3|
|BAF-312||Oral and Business Communications||3|
|BAF-313||Public Administration and Public Policy||3|
|BAF-314||Non-Banking Financial Institutions||3|
|BAF-315||Marketing of Financial Services||3|
|BAF-403||Analysis of Financial Statements||3|
|BAF-413||Current Issues in Banks||3|
|BAF-500||Research Project/or 2 Specialization Courses||6|
|TOTAL Credit Hours||(70+66=136)|
List of Specialization Courses (in place of Research Thesis)
- Trade, Finance and Operations (Course No. BAF-451)
- Emerging Trends in Finance (Course No. BAF-452)
- Treasury, Fund and Insurance Management (Course No. BAF-453)
- Investment Management (Course No. BAF-454)