The MS Business Administration program at IBF has been designed as a foundation-level research degree that develops the research and analytical skills of the students. It provides them with basic knowledge about conducting Business & Management research and the contemporary issues relevant to the field. Our aim is to inculcate scholarly and philosophical thinking among the students, which could help them pursue a doctorate degree in Business Administration.
The students will have an option to select any one of the areas of specialization offered:
- Human Resource Management
- Technology Management
For admission to the MS program, the candidate is required to have 4 year BBA (Hons) / BBA (IT4 years) BCom (4 Years), Bachelors of Business studies (BBS 4 Years), BS (Accounting & Finance 4 Years), Bachelors of Public Administration (BPA 4 Years), MBA (16 Years)/ MBA (IT) (16 Years), M.Com, MSc (Accounting & Finance), MSc (Insurance and Risk Management), Master of Business Studies (MBS1 6 Years), Master of Public Administration (MPA), ACMA, C.A minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 OR 2.80/5.00.
50% weightage will be given to the marks obtained in the Departmental Admission test (subject-based) conducted in the Institute.
Qualifying marks of Departmental Admission test = 60% ; GAT General = 50%
50% weightage will be given to the marks/division obtained in Matric, Intermediate, Bachelor and Master Certificate / Degree
This is a 2-year (04 semesters) program comprising of 30-credit hours.
- Semester 1 (12 Credit Hours)
- Semester 2 (12 Credit Hours)
Research Thesis (06 Credit Hours)
Degree Completion Requirements:
- Successful completion of 8 (each of 3 credit hours) MS Courses individually, and successful completion of a thesis of 6 credit hours.
- Maintaining a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 in all semesters and attaining a minimum CGPA of 2.2 at the end of fourth semester.
- Passing comprehensive examination on completion of course work.
Scheme of studies is available with the Institute