South Asian Journal of Banking and Social Sciences
Scope and Mission
Alfalah Institute of Banking and Finance was established in 2012 at Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan. Within a short span of three years, the institute has managed to establish its mark and has attained recognition as a primer institute of South Punjab. Efforts have been made to develop a strong research culture within the institute and students are encouraged to undertake practical projects and research studies. South Asian Journal of Banking and Social Sciences (SAJBS) is an effort of the institute towards this cause. Purpose of this research journal is to publish original and quality research in the disciplines of Banking, Finance, Management and Social Sciences. The journal is published in accordance with the guidelines issued by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan.
SAJBS is a double-blind peer reviewed journal that will be published on bi-annual basis by Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan. The research papers included in the journal covers a wide variety of subjects, both applied and theoretical in nature. The aim of SAJBS is to be widely accepted and read among university teachers, researchers, governmental and non-governmental institutions.
Instructions / Guidelines for the Author
SAJBS publishes original and quality research papers in disciplines of Banking, Finance, Management Sciences and Social Sciences. All research articles are subject to double blind peer reviewed process. An article consisting 3,000 to 6,000 words should strictly be submitted electronically according to journal’s format. Authors should remember that they are writing for an international readership and should avoid spelling mistakes, incorrect format, jargon, complicated construction and sexist or racist statements. The contents of the papers shall be the sole responsibility of the authors especially in case of plagiarism found at any stage. The detailed instructions are as follow:
- The first page of manuscript should only contain the title of the paper and name of authors with their affiliations and e-mail address of the corresponding author, the abstract and keywords. All research papers should ideally have the sections in the following order:
Introduction, Literature Review, Research Methodology, Results and Discussions, Conclusion. This should be followed by the list of references.
- Tables and figures should be given in accordance with the text. Pages, foot notes, tables and figures should also be numbered consecutively and separately with Arabic numerals.
- Quotations should be in italics. The manuscript should also be typed with 1.5 spaces except, figures and references.
- The text should be written using “Arial” font style, font size 11. The headings (Level 1) should be “Arial” font style, font size 14. The Level 2 and Level 3 headings should be “Arial” font style and 12 font size.
- The Abstract (maximum 250 words) should be informative and completely self-explanatory, comprising of the following sections:
- Design/Methodology/ Approach
- Originality Value
- Keywords (4 to 6 keywords)
- Research Type (Review / Research/ Book Review etc.) topic, scope of the study
- Acknowledgements, authors’ notes and appendices should appear at the end of the article before the references.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) style of references should be followed (6th Edition).
- Every citation must appear in your reference list. A list of references should only contain those citations that are given in the text of manuscript. All references should be given in an alphabetical order of works cited in the research paper.
- The reference guidelines are consistent with advice given in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (2009)
Call for Papers
SubSouth Asian Journal of Banking and Social Sciences
ISSN: 2201- 6333 (Print)
Submission open for February – 2015
South Asian Journal of Banking and Social Sciences is a high quality open access peer reviewed research journal that is published by Alfalah Institute of Banking and Finance, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan. South Asian Journal of Banking and Social Sciences is providing a platform for the researchers, academicians, professional, practitioners and students to impart and share knowledge in the form of high quality empirical and theoretical research papers, case studies, literature reviews and book reviews. South Asian Journal of Banking and Social Sciences welcomes and acknowledges high quality theoretical and empirical original research papers, case studies, review papers, literature reviews, book reviews, conceptual framework, analytical and simulation models, technical note from researchers, academicians, professional, practitioners and students from all over the world.
The Journal Publishes in the field of:
Social science and Humanities, Business and Economics, Business and Marketing, Economics, Financial Development, Accounting, Banking, Management, Human Resources etc.
Date of Publishing: SAJBS is inviting papers for Vol. 1 No. 1 which is scheduled to be published in March, 2015.
Acceptance Notification: within 5-7 days from the date of manuscript submission.
Submission deadline: March 1, 2015.
Authors will not be charged any fees for publication of their paper.
Send your manuscript to the following address:
With Warm Regard
Dr. Muhammad Shaukat Malik
South Asian Journal of Banking and Social Sciences
Researchers, Scholars, Students are invited to contribute their original research papers / review papers / articles and book reviews. The articles should reflect some creative thoughts with respect to the field of management sciences and business administration. The submitted paper must be the original work of the author(s). The papers must be submitted in good English and must not have been submitted/ printed elsewhere.
- Only electronic submissions in MS word format (.doc/.docx) are acceptable. The submitted papers will be submitted for plagiarism testing. Papers that exceed a minimum threshold for plagiarism will automatically be rejected. Detailed author guidelines are available on the website of SAJBS.
- The papers can be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmation emails will be received within 72 hours of submission. The intimation for publication will be sent as soon as peer review reports are received by the editor.
Views expressed in SAJBS are only those of authors and not those of editor or publisher. The authors are responsible for their view articulated in their papers published in SAJBS. Authors are will be responsible in case of any subsequent violation of copy rights or patents.
All the published research papers and volumes will be available online on the official website of Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan and Institute of Banking and Finance (http://ibfbzu.edu.pk/index.php/sajbs/). The hard copy of the journal can be subscribed by paying a nominal fee i.e. Rs. 500/- for national subscribers (02 issues per year) and USD 50 for international
subscribers. All subscriptions requests and orders should be directed to:
South Asian Journal of Banking and Social Sciences (SAJBS),
Institute of Banking and Finance,
Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan
Published By: Institute of Banking and Finance, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan Tel: +92-61-9210255 Web Site: http://www.ibfbzu.edu.pk All rights reserved © 2016